Thank you Dr. Kristina Lee for an excellent presentation on GIST
- Important considerations in GI bleed: sx of volume depletion (dizzyness, syncope), hemodynamic instability or vitals differing from baseline, coagulopathy or other comorbid conditions
- Management of GI bleed
- fluids, goal hg>7, plt >50, INR<1.5.
- protonix drip if UGIB, add octreotide drip if concern for variceal bleed
- GIST sx: vague, nonspecific abdominal pain or discomfort, malaise, fatigue
- GIST dx: CT abdomen, PET, biopsy with path showing expression of the CD117 antigen
- GIST tx: surgery, tyrosine kinase inhibitors (imatinib)
A better way to connect remotely to ORCHID for PC and MAC users alike ...Full update
Here are some quick inpatient reminders from Monday’s Noon Conference ...Full update
Follow this guide to continue patient care before, during, and after downtime. ...Full update
The scanned general consent document shows the patient’s PCP for follow-up ...Full update
The St. John Sepsis Module is Live Posted in ICU, Wards
ORCHID detects and alerts providers about signs of sepsis ...Full update
Come prepared to your rotations! Find and download orientation materials, curricula, landmark articles and more.